Fifth Dimension Chocolates is a multi-award-winning British chocolatier / caramelier specialising in luxury handmade chocolates and caramel sauces.
The aim is to push the flavour boundary and create a sensory experience in fine chocolates, by combining classic and innovative flavours with premium chocolate made from fine-flavour single-origin cocoa.
Latest Blog Posts
- Chocolate Judging in the Pandemic EraThe Covid-19 pandemic in the last 18 months has affected everyone in different ways, and we all have to find ways to adapt to how we work and live our lives. When the pandemic started to spread around the world […]
- Growing Cacao in London – Our First Year StoryA year ago, we were given a fresh cacao pod. Originally we were going to open it and taste the fresh pulp inside, but when it’s opened, we could see some of the beans inside had started sprouting. We thought […]
- International Chocolate Awards World Final 2018 – A Night To RememberIn the past few years, International Chocolate Awards (ICA) World Final awards ceremony was always held at the Chocolate Show in London in mid-October. By the time we attended the ceremony, we were always so tired that we couldn’t properly […]
- How to Judge Filled ChocolatesAs we make filled chocolates ourselves, this is probably the easiest and most enjoyable category for us to judge in competitions. At the Academy of Chocolate competition, there are broadly 5 aspects to consider, and an overall score would be based on a […]
- Developing new flavours for our chocolatesEvery January, one of the questions we get asked is “what new chocolates are you bringing out this year?”. This is usually the time of year when we start planning on the new flavours for the filled chocolates for the […]
Our Chocolate Menu
This London-based company was founded in 2013 by Russell Pullan and Albert Chau – both are self-taught when it comes to chocolate-making and flavour development. Between 2014 and 2021, the company has won over 60 awards including International Chocolate Awards, Academy of Chocolate Awards and Great Taste Awards.
RUSSELL PULLAN (CO-FOUNDER & HEAD CHOCOLATIER) – HIS STORY
“Having worked in the media industry for over 20 years, I decided to change my career path completely at the age of 49 and set up Fifth Dimension Chocolates.
My chocolate journey began in 2006 when I was given Chloe Doutre-Roussel’s book “The Chocolate Conoisseur” – it opened my eyes and introduced me to the world of fine quality chocolates. Before that I had always wondered why some people were prepared to pay more for some chocolates when I could get the same quantity for a fraction of the price from supermarket shelves. The book instantly converted me and I finally understood the difference between bulk/commodity cacao and fine flavour cacao, and why some spent more on the latter.
Since then I have taught myself how to make chocolates and experiment with different ingredients and flavours as a hobby. There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing friends’ happy faces when they received my handmade chocolates and sampled them. Over the years, many friends suggested that I should sell the chocolates, and so in 2013 when I decided to give up the job in the media, the next natural step for me is to become a chocolatier.
For my chocolates, some are ones you may expect, others may be a surprise, but each one is all part of a sensory adventure. I want everyone to join me on my journey and enjoy it as much as I have. Welcome on board!”
ALBERT CHAU (CO-FOUNDER & GENERAL MANAGER) – HIS STORY
“My background is in clinical research: designing and analysing clinical trials in therapies for life-threatening diseases such as cancer. I always have an interest in food and love eating chocolates, though I would never have dreamt of having my own chocolate company until a few years ago.
I consider myself pretty adventurous in food. When I go abroad, I would always do my homework beforehand to find out about the local cuisine. I also love eating out and discovering good food – whether it’s a new combination of flavours or it’s simply using fresh, good quality ingredients to produce a classic dish. At home I enjoy cooking – I rarely follow recipes as I tend to cook from my heart.
Being a scientist, I am naturally fascinated by food science. Although I have an interest in molecular cuisine for years, I consider having high quality ingredients as the crucial factor for good food. As I come from an industry that’s heavily regulated, the importance of quality control, sourcing raw materials and social responsibility is all ingrained in me.
These are all the ethos I insist on having at Fifth Dimension. Looking forward to having you as one of our travel companions in our journey of flavours.”